The Physics Department is one of the oldest departments in the college from 2005 with the tradition of high-quality teaching in Mechanics, Optics, Electronics and electricity magnetism.The Physics department has a pivotal position in the area of science course B.sc The Department began with one lecturer K. Nasaraiah sir as faculty member to conduct classes for the undergraduate students. Now, the strength of the department is of four lecturers with excellent teaching experience and high qualifications. The faculties are actively involved in teaching and guidance to students. Faculty members are available during college hours for a consultation about their courses. The Physics teaching was confined to a three-year course for B.Sc. degree department.
In the last 15 years, several faculty members are joined in the department, the department expanded rapidly in terms of teaching and doing experiments. Various faculty members made significant contributions to the strength of the Physics department. The Library has an excellent collection of books, journals, and reference materials for UG & Entrance test for higher education. Our strength in the department is the infrastructure of experimental labs. Now, we have two individual labs for Mechanics, Elecronics and Optics. We are training students with laboratory courses and conducting one project at the end of the course.
The labs are arranged and set up with equipment, apparatuscost of 12lakhs. We are conducting labs every day in the presence of the corresponding faculty. The equipmentare available to undergraduate students .We are developing student’sindividual thinking skills by providing them a skilfulenvironment and the ability to solve the problems in physics.At the same time, we give excellent guidance and training to students to placed in higher education.
- To enable students become responsible towards self, family, and society
- To provide opportunities and resources for production and dissemination of innovative knowledge.
- To make relentless efforts for the spread of education among classes and communities, which are socially and educationally underprivileged.
- To create capable young researchers/teachers with in quest of knowledge and curiosity
- To develop the personality and character of students by value education.
- To be a center of original, productive and innovative thinking
- To provide skill based and value based learning experiences to the learners
- To promote a collaborative academic environment for advance and practical learning to the learners
- To introduce need based professional courses, short-term and long-term courses
- To adopt the blended mode of teaching and learning