The Chemistry Department is one of the oldest departments in the college from 2005 with the tradition of high-quality teaching in Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry. It was the time when M.Sc. teaching also commenced from 2010. The chemistry department has a pivotal position in the area of science courses (B.Sc. and M.Sc.). The Department began with two lecturers (NVL sir and Chari sir) as faculty members, to conduct classes for the undergraduate students. Now, the strength of the department is five lecturers with excellent teaching experience and high qualifications like Ph.D. and NET qualified. The faculties are actively involved in teaching and guidance to students. Faculty members are available during college hours for a consultation about their courses.The chemistry teaching was confined to a three-year course for B.Sc. degree department and the teaching up to the two-year course for M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry). In the last 15 years, several faculty members joined the department and the department expanded rapidly in terms of teaching and doing experiments. Various faculty members made significant contributions to the strength of the chemistry department. The Library has an excellent collection of books, journals, and reference materials for both UG & PG students. Our strength in the department is the infrastructure of experimental labs. Now, we have three individual wet labs for inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry. We are training students with laboratory courses and conducting one project at the end of the course. The labs are arranged and set up with equipment, apparatus, and concentrated chemicals cost of 12lakhs. We are conducting labs every day in the presence of the corresponding faculty. The equipment and techniques are available to undergraduate students and PG students. At the same time, we give excellent guidance and training to students for placed in high profile pharma companies every year.
Motive of the Department : Listen : Learn : Lead
- To enable students become responsible towards self, family, and society
- To provide opportunities and resources for production and dissemination of innovative knowledge.
- To create capable young researchers/teachers with in quest of knowledge and curiosity
- To develop the personality and character of students by value education.
- Develop knowledge of periodic elements, and fundamental properties of
quantum chemistry and spectroscopy
- To inculcate the basic understanding of Analytical chemistry and its
interdisciplinary applications among the students.
- To elaborate chemistry of dilute solutions, processes involved in equilibrium states
and their electrochemical properties
- To promote a collaborative academic environment for advance and practical learning to the learners
- To introduce need based professional courses, short-term and long-term courses
- Students will be empowered with basic to advance knowledge of Organic, Physical and