Women Empowerment Cell
Procedure to Resolve the Complaints in Women Empowerment Committee
- Women empowerment Committee receives any type of complaints regarding women from Women Faculty, staff and students in the college premises.
- As soon as it receives a complaint from them in person or by any mode of communication, it records in its committee register.
- This issue will formally be informed to the Principal of the college. Then He/she will assemble the members of the committee at once to investigate the issue with the petitioner and the indicted.
- Both the petitioner and the indicted will be asked to provide proper explanations in terms of the issue. It will be further discussed by members of the committee.
- Based on the situation of the complaint, the committee will take immediate action after the thorough investigation on issue.
- At the end, if any one group of people are found guilty, they will be liable to the punishment. They will be expelled from the college or suspended or they will be handed over to the police.
Committee Of Women Empowerment Committee Academic Year 2021-22
KVDC/Women Empowerment/2021-22/001 Date: 06-08-2021
The Constitution of India provides for “GENDER EQUALITY” and the “RIGHT TO LIFE AND LIBERTY” to all persons under Articles 14, 19 and 21. Thereby necessitating the need for protective measures that safeguard women’s rights and safety.
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE:
The Women Empowerment Committee of Krishnaveni Degree College is established with the aim of educating the female students about their empowerment. The Committee aims to empower female students and faculty, enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for female students and faculty and to address the practical issues related to the welfare and equal opportunities for women faculty, staff and students.
It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society. Aiming at intellectual and upliftment of the female students, the committee stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programs and other welfare activities.
Name of the member
Role in the Committee
- To create awareness among female students about their rights.
- To inspire female students to attain higher education and get employment.
- To organize awareness programs on gender sensitizations.
- To assist female students to achieve full potential in education and career through personal empowerment.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for women.
- To work towards changing societal attitudes and community practices by active participation and involvement of both men and women.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for women students and faculty to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals in their own rights.
- To promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the College and to provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women and enable them to explore their imminent potential in all aspects.
- Identification of strong leadership, change-makers among women students and faculty and building their capacity.
- To create awareness about provisions to prevent sexual harassment at work place and address any issues reported by any stakeholder in this regard.
- To train women to acquire wide range of skills and knowledge and to develop and increase their social, economic and intellectual capacities for peace, security and prosperity of mankind.