Knowledge Resource Center
Libraries are considered to be the sources of the dissemination of knowledge and information. The Library at KVDC started in 2005 and it has a rich and eclectic collection of text books and reference books which proves to be highly beneficial to both the students and the faculty for the augmentation of their knowledge. It is fully computerized and all its functions and operations are controlled through the network of computer system through the library software. The library has a collection of large number of volumes of books, periodicals, journals, magazines in the relevant subject areas and national newspapers. The library also provides book-bank facility to both the faculty and the students of the college. To complement class room teaching with E-Learning, the library has computing facility comprising 10 Computers with internet access. With the help of the digital library, students are able to embark on interdisciplinary projects in diverse areas of study. With the skill based learning, students build a deeper correlation of theoretical knowledge with practical exposure.
Working Days: 08:30 AM to 05:30 PM
Vacation: 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Mr. K. M. L. Prasad
Knowledge Resource Center(Library)
Krishnaveni Degree College, Narasaraopet.
Phone Number: +91 90304 48423
Rules and Regulations
The library rules are meant to facilitate the library operations with efficacy, promptness and transparency. It helps in limiting the members within their areas of access, privileges and rights ensuring effectively utilization of library resources.
- Silence to be maintained
- Enter your name and sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- No discussion permitted inside the library
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
- Avoid making pencil/pen marks, underlining, or any other type of damage to the book(s).if any such things are noticed at the time of returning the books, the borrower will be held responsible.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
Library Advisory Committee
The Library Advisory Committee (LAC) plays an advocacy role through his observations, suggestions and recommendations to ensure good governance and all-round development of the library on matters related to the acquisition and other policies, day to day problems of library clientele, allocation and utilization of budget, infrastructure, services and facilities needed for a library, etc. Following are the members of the Library Advisory Committee
|S. No||Name||Designation||LAC Designation|
|1.||Mr. N. Venkateswaralu||Principal||Chairman|
|2.||Mr. K. M. L. Prasad||Librarian||Coordinator|
|3.||Mr. M. Suresh||Asst. Professor||Member|
|4.||Mr. T. Ch. Thirupathaih||Asst. Professor||Member|
|5.||Ms. K. Nagalakshmi||Asst. Professor||Member|
|6.||Ms. Harika Bhumireddy||Student Representative||Member|
Free E-Journals, E-Books and Open Courseware
|1.||National Digital Library of India (NDL)||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
|2.||SWAYAM – online courses||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
|3.||SWAYAM-NPTEL – online courses||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
|4.||Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)||(DOAB) was established by OAPEN Foundation in 2012. https://www.doabooks.org/|
|5.||Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)||DOAJ is financially supported by many libraries, publishers and other like-minded organizations. https://doaj.org/|